The well-known Icelandic artist Guðbjörg Lind will teach you the technique of painting through lectures, and by sharing her knowledge and experience. Instructions and guidance in the practicalities of painting, where the individual's skills and progress are in focus comprises the rest of the course. Here Guðbjörg will work on a personal level with each participant.
Participants will get a unique chance to get to know renowned artists working with painting in and around the Westfjords. We will visit artists and go to art exhibitions in the area. Participants will also become acquainted with the history of Icelandic heritage art.
The course will focus on technique, how to paint nature, as well as on the more educational aspect: what is Icelandic art?
The course will be taught in English.
After the course, the participants will have:
- learned various techniques on how to paint nature scenes with the use of acrylics
- produced their own works of art and been part of a final art exhibition
- learned how to set up an art exhibition
- gained particular knowledge about the Icelandic art scene and art in the Westfjords
- become acquainted with local artists, their work and experiences.
Participants receive a certification of participation from the University Centre of the Westfjords on completion of the course.